GUIDANCE NEWS WEEK OF: April 29, 2019
Hours of Operation are Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Follow us on Twitter
https://twitter.com/DTHSGuidance OR @DTHSGuidance
*For information regarding graduation testing requirements, click here*
Want to make sure you are on the right track for college? Click here to see an action plan for each high school year
- Students looking for job opportunities: please click here to find jobs for ages 11-19
- Community Services Opportunities
Volunteer at the KROC center for the Salvation Army see link: http://www.camdenkroccenter.org/volunteer.htmlIf you would like more information about Volunteering at The Salvation Army Kroc Center please contact our Volunteer Office: 856.379.4861
- ATTENTION Students interested in Trade Schools: Please visit this website to view all scholarships available for Trade Schools in New Jersey
Want even more information and help getting ready for college? Below are some helpful links just for you!
- CollegeCovered.com website – a premier resource to help plan for college. This helpful FREE resource features compelling multimedia editorial, insider tips and interactive tools on the college planning process.
- FAFSA Assistant can assist your students and parents get ready and help ensure they have the right documents on hand when completing the FAFSA.
- CollegeCovered.com $100,000 Annual Scholarship Giveaway
- FREE Search for Scholarships – search over 3 million scholarship opportunities worth more than $18 billion – no registration is required
- Award Letter Comparison Tool – Quickly compare financial aid award letters from up to 5 schools to help students / families determine what costs will need to be covered
- Counselor’s Corner – articles and resources to assist guidance professional counsel students and families on planning for college
Best-Reviewed New SAT Study Guide
- KALLIS SAT Study Guides have been named “Best Overall SAT Prep Book by qsleap.com and PrepScholar.com
- They have specific books for every student’s need such as: SAT Pattern Strategy, SAT Writing and Language Patter, SAT Math: 6 Days Before the Test, SAT Reading: 6 Days Before the Test
- KALLIS titles can be purchased on amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com
ATTENTION PARENTS: If you missed the FAFSA Night presentation on 10/25/2017 @ DHS, please click here for all of the information you may need