Welcome to the Deptford High School Academies site!
Administrator Contact Information:
Mrs. Valerie Gambale
Deptford Township Schools
575 Fox Run Road
Deptford, NJ 08096
856-232-2700, ext. 3019
Academy Handbook and Code of Conduct
Students will be required to read the academy handbook and code of conduct as a required assignment in their academy classes. Students will also need to complete their “Acknowledgment of Academy Handbook and Code of Conduct” as a graded CW/HW Assignment for their current academy course. The due date for this assignment will be given by the individual academy teacher. If the student does not complete the “Acknowledgment of Academy Handbook and Code of Conduct” assignment with their parent/guardian signature, they are still required to uphold the academic integrity and requirements of the handbook and code of conduct. This serves as the notice to parents/guardians and students. The handbook and code of conduct could be found in the link above or here.
Parent Information Night AND Open House for Academies
Deptford High School – Cafeteria
Tuesday, December 11th
Shadow an academy: Please contact the HS Guidance Department at (856) 232-2713, ext. 2508. You will be partnered up with a current student in your academy of interest and follow their schedule.
(APPLICATIONS – Due December 19, 2018)
- November 26, 2018 – 8th Grade Academy Presentation – MMS Cafeteria
- December 11, 2018 – Parent Information Night and Open House. HS Cafeteria – 7:00pm
- December 19, 2018 – Academy applications due!!
- December 2018 – February 2019 – Student selection process takes place.
- February 13, 2019 – Student selection letters will be distributed to students during their 9th-period class (I am sorry but there will not be enough time to schedule individual student conferences for ALL of the students who applied for an academy program). All students will be notified in writing about their status within each of the academies they applied to.
- March 1, 2019 – Academy acceptance letters must be returned.
- On or around March 22, 2019 – First round of waiting list students will be notified about academy selections. Student records will be evaluated at that point in the school year and the top students will be considered for academy entrance. The students at the top of the waiting list are selected based on the number of available seats in their desired academy.
- April – June 2019 – Further waiting list candidates will be considered for their desired academy program.