Education Foundation – How You Can Help
TheDeptford Foundation for Educational Excellence is a private organization, separate from the Board of Education made up of friends, neighbors, and business people, looking to attract funds for new, innovative programs within the Deptford Township schools … programs that tax dollars can’t reach.
The Foundation seeks gifts in the form of cash contributions, will bequests, insurance policies and memorials and tributes, all of which are tax deductible.
Contributions may be sent to the Foundation at 2022 Good Intent Road, Deptford, New Jersey 08096 in care of Mr. Robert Morris, Treasurer. Mr. Morris can be reached at (856) 858-8240.
If you would like to learn more about the Foundation or would like to help this exciting organization to grow, please contact us at the school district at (856) 232-2700 ext. 3014. There’s not a better way to support your schools.
WHAT DO WE WANT FROM OUR DONORS
In addition to cash contributions, the Foundation is also happy to receive your pledge and a partial installment of your gift. You may take a year to complete your contribution and can be billed for the remainder of your pledge in accordance with your wishes. In addition, the Foundation is also happy to accept In-Kind gifts and services.
Thus far, the Deptford Foundation for Educational Excellence has been fortunate to receive support from a broad base of friends, community leaders, and businesses. Our appeal has been answered in the following ways:
- Garden of Honor Brick Campaign – The Foundation is seeking support through the purchase of permanent bricks which will be inscribed and placed on the grounds in front of Deptford High School.
- Annual Campaign – Individuals looking to help our students. Please contact us if you are not on our mailing list.
- Vendor Campaign – Local businesses looking to help our students. Help keep our mailing lists growing. Let us add your name today.
- Alumni Campaign – The Foundation is sponsoring the development of the Deptford Township High School Alumni Association to encourage alumni, near and far, to become re-associated with their home community and their former high school. Please contact us if you are not yet a member of the DHS Alumni Association.
- Major Gifts – Allows the Foundation to pursue several major projects that will directly benefit the largest number of students. Make a pledge today that will secure all our students a brighter tomorrow.
- Memorials & Tributes – Make a contribution that will honor your friend or loved one.
- Teacher Tributes – Contribute to the Foundation on behalf of your own or your student’s favorite teacher. We’ll make sure that these special teachers know of the gifts made on their behalf.
- Planned and Deferred Gifts – As a non-profit organization separate from the school district, the Foundation may accept gifts from wills, trusts, real estate, life insurance, etc. It is our hope that the Foundation will eventually be able to create an endowment fund that will continuously provide resources to the schools without relying on current fund raising.